For the last couple of years, the antiviral coating is gaining momentum as consumers are getting more cautious about cleanliness, health, and workplace safety in the light of COVID-19. The growth is further supported by the increasing demand for antiviral coating across the industries like consumer appliances, construction, textile, and healthcare in order to reduce the transmission from products to people. Therefore, to increase the market presence, many companies are developing antiviral coatings for the aforementioned industries like Honeywell International Inc., which is developing a coating for air filters that kills as much as 97% of the coronavirus. In addition, it is expected that a rising end-use industry owing to increasing population, rapid urbanization, and improving per-capita income will increase the demand for antiviral coating, as it is expected that consumers will permanently transition from conventional coating to antiviral coating in order to mitigate the risk of infection.
Request Sample Copy of this Report @ https://univdatos.com/get-a-free-sample-form-php/?product_id=18895
According to UnivDatos Market Insights (UMI)’ research report “Global Antiviral Coating Market”, the market is expected to surpass the market size of USD 1.3 billion by 2027. Increasing awareness among consumers towards cleanliness and workplace safety; and large and growing HVAC-R and healthcare industries are some of the key attributable factors for the growth of the market
Based on technology, the market is categorized into silver-ion, copper-ion, and others. Among these, silver-ion technology held a significant share in the market and is likely to showcase robust growth during the forecast period. Silver-ion has low toxicity and high efficiency & durability owing to which it is used in the coating industries for a long time. Further, both the Environmental Protection Agency and the World Health Organization regard silver as safe, as a result, companies are preferring silver-ion over others in the case of antiviral coatings as well. For instance, in 2021, AkzoNobel N.V. launched a new Dulux Wash & Wear Anti-Viral paint. The new range comes with the proprietary KidProof+ Technology and an added layer of antiviral protection from the Silver Ion Technology.
Based on end-user, the market is categorized into construction, consumer appliance, healthcare, textile, and others. Among these, construction industries held a significant share in the market. Large and growing construction activities coupled with the growing demand for antiviral paints among consumers as they have become more mindful of cleanliness and hygiene, especially so for parents with young children created the large market potential for antiviral coating in the construction industry. As a result, several paints & coatings manufacturer has launched products with antiviral characteristics. For instance, in 2021, PPG Industries Inc. launched Comex VINIMEX TOTAL Antiviral and Antibacterial paint. As per the company, the new product reduces up to 99.9% of bacteria and viruses responsible for the most common gastrointestinal and respiratory illnesses, including Influenza A H1N1 and the COVID-19 virus, SARS-CoV-2.
Asia pacific accounted for the significant share in the antiviral coating market
The Asia Pacific region accounted for a significant share in the global antiviral coating market and is likely to showcase robust growth during the forecast period. Increasing awareness among consumers, the presence of a large number of antiviral coating manufacturers, and the large and growing end-use industries like construction, consumer goods, and textile among others, are offering growth potential to the antiviral coating market. Therefore, with improving consumer spending power, the demand for advanced products like antiviral coatings would also grow. Therefore, players operating in the market are launching antiviral products, especially for the regional market. For instance, in December 2020, Nouryon, a European specialty chemical company, launched Arquad GS, an environmentally friendly antimicrobial and antiviral coating additive for formulating stable and tintable antiviral coatings. The additive was launched first in the Asian market with the plans to bring it to other regions soon.
Request Sample Copy of this Report @
According to UnivDatos Market Insights (UMI)’, the key players with a considerable market share in the global Antiviral Coating market include PPG Industries Inc., Kansai Nerolac Paints Limited, Nippon Paint Holdings Co. Ltd., Carpoly Chemical Group Co. Ltd., Alistagen Corporation, AkzoNobel N.V., Bio-Fence, GrapheneCA, and Kobe Steel Ltd. These companies are taking several strategic decisions to meet the growing demand and increase their market share. For instance:
- In October 2021, PPG Industries Inc., announced that the company has received U.S. Environmental Protection Agency registration for its PPG COPPER ARMOR antimicrobial paint containing Corning Guardiant technology. As per Corning, the technology is proven to kill 99.9% of bacteria and viruses on the painted surface, including SARS-CoV-2, in two hours
- In September 2020, Kansai Nerolac Paints Ltd. has developed antiviral paint – Excel Virus Guard, an interior emulsion paint with active antiviral and antimicrobial properties that repel 99.9% of germs
“Global Antiviral Coating Market” provides comprehensive qualitative and quantitative insights on the industry potential, key factors impacting sales and purchase decisions, hotspots, and opportunities available for the market players. Moreover, the report also encompasses the key strategic imperatives for success for competitors along with strategic factorial indexing measuring competitor’s capabilities on different parameters. This will help companies in the formulation of Go to Market Strategies and identifying the blue ocean for its offerings.
For more informative information, please visit us @
- By Technology (Silver-Ion, Copper-Ion, and Others)
- By End-User (Construction, Consumer Appliance, Healthcare, Textile, and Others)
- By Region (North America (US, Canada, Rest of North America), Europe (Germany, UK, France, Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Australia, Rest of APAC), and Rest of World)
- By Company (PPG Industries Inc., Kansai Nerolac Paints Limited, Nippon Paint Holdings Co. Ltd., Carpoly Chemical Group Co. Ltd., Alistagen Corporation, AkzoNobel N.V., Bio-Fence, GrapheneCA, and Kobe Steel Ltd.)
Key questions answered in the study:
- What are the current and future trends of the global Antiviral Coating industry?
- How the industry has been evolving in terms of technology and end-user?
- How the competition has been shaping across the countries followed by their comparative factorial indexing?
- What are the key growth drivers and challenges for the global Antiviral Coating industry?
- What are the customer orientation, purchase behavior, and expectations from the global Antiviral Coating suppliers across various region and countries?
UnivDatos Market Insights (UMI) is a passionate market research firm and a subsidiary of Universal Data Solutions. We believe in delivering insights through Market Intelligence Reports, Customized Business Research, and Primary Research. Our research studies are spread across topics across the world, we cover markets in over 100 countries using smart research techniques and agile methodologies. We offer in-depth studies, detailed analysis, and customized reports that help shape winning business strategies for our clients.
UnivDatos Market Insights (UMI)
Ph: +91 7838604911